What's up with nvidia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with nvidia?

I don't know how many of you noticed, but if you keep downloading the newest drivers for your aging graphic card, you're doomed.
    I've seen it with my old Geforce 5600 and now with my Geforce 6600. The latest 'forceware' causes the cpu to hit 100%, slowing it to a crawl and then forcing it to reboot when playing a movie (wmv, mov etc). If their newest drivers aren't compatible with 'older' hardware, why the f*ck don't they say so!?
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I find them useless for my GeForce 7400 Go. Someone here pointed me to a third party driver, but I can't remember who or where. See that was helpful wasn't it!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I've used ForceWare 93.71 on a FX5200 and a 7950 GT KO on different machines and haven't had these issues.
      It sounds like something other than a video driver issue.

Comment

Well, even though it was on the same motherboard, I've had issues with 'too recent driver's on Win2k (with the BFG 5600 Ultra) and lately on WinXP with my XFX 6600GT.
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I've used ForceWare 93.71 on a FX5200 and a 7950 GT KO on different machines and haven't had these issues.
          It sounds like something other than a video driver issue.

No, it's certain models. nVidia "fixes" certain models and then forgets that the fix was necessary. I had it happen with a GF2MX a couple years ago. I would have thought they'd have better version control nowadays.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X