Mac and PC vs Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac and PC vs Linux

Novell has launched its own series of Mac vs. PC parody ads...

Oddly enough Linux is an attractive young woman, which is even more of a stretch than the representations of Macs and PCs. Novell doesn't appear to have put much thought into the ads, given that they're comparing two hardware/software platforms to just an OS (which happens to run on one of those platforms), but then PC was always just a way to say Windows without saying it.

Still the second one is at least somewhat amusing.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

the second one is pretty good
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

They needed the girl from the Wii ad to be linux.
      "I'm cheap and fun!"

But I don't think that's the message they wanted to convey.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
        Novell has launched its own series of Mac vs. PC parody ads...

Oddly enough Linux is an attractive young woman, which is even more of a stretch than the representations of Macs and PCs. Novell doesn't appear to have put much thought into the ads, given that they're comparing two hardware/software platforms to just an OS (which happens to run on one of those platforms), but then PC was always just a way to say Windows without saying it.

Still the second one is at least somewhat amusing.

Linux runs on both Mac and PC, windows runs on both Mac and PC, OSX runs on both mac and PC (albeit using a crowbar to get it onto the PC).

For the loongest time (81 - 95) PC was mostly associated Dos
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sorry, yes forgot that Linux runs on Mac hardware far easier than before (as in no PPC-specific builds) and that over a decade ago saying PC almost always meant a DOS-based PC...

I was talking here and now and how the population at large views things. Nevermind that comparing Linux to a Windows-based PC and an OS X-based Mac doesn't make much sense, especially when you use an attractive young woman as your penguin

Granted the depictions were always too stereotypical and not quite right and this is all getting to serious for a parody ad

As an aside, these reminded me of another series Mac vs. PC parodies that featured Linux, albeit in a less flattering depiction.

Comment

Oh yeah.. I'll go find'em, brb.

Here they are.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The PC vs MAC war - from the PC's point of view.Written and directed by Laurie McGuinness. Watch the full series at www.lauriemcguinness.com

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

These are awesome!

Thanks az and TX!

Comment

Here's another set that, while they don't play on the perceived traits of Macs or PCs (or their users), are fairly amusing (in a dry sort of way)...

This website is for sale! lauriemcguinness.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, lauriemcguinness.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Those are awesome JW!!!
                      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

TX already shared those!

Comment

Oops

Figured his were some others that I'd seen on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                          X