BNC Pluses & Minuses ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNC Pluses & Minuses ?

I just looked at the back of my Princeton EO75 for the first time in 2 years and realized that it has BNC connections.
    Should I spring for a cable?
    Thanks in advance.
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BH6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@????, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Zoom@56k, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

The only minus is the cost of the cable. NECX has them cheap. I've been using them at home and work for some time now and prefer it to the standard 15 pin Dsub. Extra sharp text and better color separation are the pluses.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Paul,

I need to get a set of BNCs. Do you know if there'a any difference in quality among them? Which brand do you recommend? I have a Sony GDM400PS 19" monitor.

------------------
      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Some are better shielded than others. I have a Belkin at work and a Cables to Go brand at home. They both work fine.
        I did a quick search at NECX
        www.necx.com/
        They only have the Cables to Go Brand at the moment which has both foil and braid shielding 6ft for $22.95, 10ft for $24.95.

To connect the BNC: red, blue and green are color coded. (White or gray is the HSYNC) and (black is the VSYNC)

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Use BNC, it doesn't hurt.

The only real disadvantage is that you can't detect most plugnpray monitors.
          But any decent monitor oem will have definition files, esp if they care about, oh, NT.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Paul. Got the cable and a Belkin OmniviewSE 4 port KVM switch. I seem to wind up buying a lot of stuff from NECX. They have a well set-up site.

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Working...
            X