G400/Hollywood+ problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400/Hollywood+ problem

I have recently bought a G400 32MB SH and a Hollywood+ MPEG-card, but I have been unable to get these two cards to work together (and I have been trying quite a lot :-)).

The problem is, that when I have both enabled, Win98 would start up, but the desktop gets garbled. At other times, Win98 freezes during startup. However, sometimes when I start up they both seem to work OK. If I remove the Hollywood+ card everything works OK.

It seems that there is some sort of IRQ/Memory address conflict. I have tried to assings IRQs manually, but this dosn't help. I have also tried to switch I/O memory address for the Hollywood+ card, but this dosn't help either. I can't seem to set the I/O memory range for the G400 manually (Win98 tells me that this setting can not be changed).

Does anybody have a possible solution?

Best regards,

Bent

System:
    Celeron 300A o/c 4.5x103, Abit BX6-2, SB Live Value with Liveware 2.1, G400 32MB SH with 5.25 drivers, Hollywood+ with v.1.7 drivers, Pioneer A03S DVD

Bent,

There are some threads here along these lines, my problem is with a Haupagge WinTV card, the MAtrox drivers simply DO NOT ALLOW it to work (unless bus mastering is off) and that is a no no

Best not to place the card in question in PCI slot1 the one next to AGP as the IRQ is shared between them

Do you find that some times with the drivers 5.1x+ that your PC locks up and has to removed from the power source so it can bne turned on again >?

BugAlugs

------------------

BH6 (LN Bios)
    P3 500 @ 5x112
    G400MAX
    SB live
    ISDN card
    Ethernet Card
    BH6 (LN Bios)
    P3 500 @ 5x112
    G400MAX
    SB live
    ISDN card
    Ethernet Card

Comment

dont know if this will apply to your system, but if you use the promise ultra66 card, it solved my problems with the 'hollywood+' card.
      see my reply on 'compatibility with tv tuner card'.

Comment

Working...
      X