Weird closing down problem under Windows XP Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird closing down problem under Windows XP Pro

I have this weird closing down problem under Windows XP Pro.
    9 out of 10 times when i close down or restart windows, the computer stalls at the windows screen where it tells you it's closing down and a 2-beep sound comes from the internal speaker. At this point only a reseting or shutting down using the buttons on the computer case is working.

Does any one has an idea what the problem could be?

Another problem is that my mouse doesn't work 50% of the time, when i start windows. It works on the login screen but not inside windows. The mouse is Logitech MX700 and is part of the Logitech Cordless Desktop (incl. keyboard which works perfectly).

I'm using the latest drivers for the mouse/keyboard and windows is all up to date.

If any one has any idea what the problems are, i'll be a very happy man.
    Laptops: ASUS G750JM: Intel Core i7 4700HQ, 8GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Nvidia GTX 860M, 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 1 x WD 750 GB HDD, 17,3" FHD Screen, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
    ASUS Vivobook S400CA: Intel Core i5 3317U (1,7-2,6 GHz), 8 GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Intel HD4000, 1 x 500GB HDD, 14" touch-screen (1366x768), Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Troubleshooting shutdown problems with Windows XP
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
    X