Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good quality low cost 17" Monitor

Grettingz everybody

Since I'm currently about to buy a new computer I'm having some thoughts about what type of monitor to buy.I want it to be a 17" monitor which won't cost much but can deliver better results than a really good 15" monitor like the EIZO F35.
    I think that the Sony CDP-200GS is a good choice because it supports a hor. refresh rate of 85 khz and incorporates a Trinitron Tube.What I don't know is wether it can deliver good picture quality and if it's a good choice for it's price class.
    Post any thoughts U have.Thanx.

------------------
    -=Jimmy=-
    -=Jimmy=-

I am currently using a princeton E0720 and am very satisfied with it. CTX makes a nice one too.

Rags

------------------
    P3 450@560, BH6, 128MB PC100, Delta CD ROM, Mill.G200/G400, 8.4G WD, 8.4G seagate, SB16 (temp.), Yamaha Burner, Zip, Sportster 56K int., Storm Scanner. System SPECS subject to change without prior notification to end reader or my spouse. ™

Comment

i have the Sony 200ES and the visual quality is good, it has a nice flat(more than some that I have seen) screen, and the controls are very accesible(brightness & contrast can be changed without going to a menu and other buttons setup nicely). Only problem so far is that it has those two lines running across the screen but I don't notice unless I look for them, although I hear people that do a lot of word processing get annoyed by them.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I use a Cybervision C70. It's one of the cheapest 17-inch monitors out there, usually retailing at $199.

I can tell you that it's been a great monitor. The picture is clear and crisp, and there is very little glare on the screen like you see on some cheaper 15-inch monitors.

Comment

The best price to quality monitors on the market are iiyama monitors. I have never heard an iiyama owner complain about their monitor. I use a MAGInnovision DX715T. This model has been around for over 2 years, because it is just that sweet of a monitor. It is designed for professional CAD and graphic artists, but is just as good for games.

http://www.iiyama.com
          http://www.maginnovision.com

Jammrock

------------------
          My computer can play all of my games well...except TA: Kingdoms, which I think you need a Kray to play.

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 09-15-1999).]
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

MAG 715T here as well. Liked them so much, started using them at work as well.

Guyv
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Do these monitors have flatscreen CRTs?Not that FS CRT means good quality but I like'em.

------------------
              -=Jimmy=-
              -=Jimmy=-

Comment

The MAG DX715T uses a Diamondtron flat screen CRT. iiyama has both flat CRT screens and regular CRT screens. I was looking at the iiyama homepage and I saw their top-o-the-line 22" screen. Max resolution is 2048x1536@80Hz...which just happens to be the G400 MAX's highest possible resolution. hmmmm... and it only costs $1100 (which for a high end 22" flat screen CRT is a steal).

Jammrock

------------------
                My computer can play all of my games well...except TA: Kingdoms, which I think you need a Kray to play.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Are we talking about totally flat CRTs here?And BTW is geometry correction needed in such CRT's?I'll check out the sites.

------------------
                  -=Jimmy=-
                  -=Jimmy=-

Comment

I just checked out the IIYama and MAG sites and I wanna thank everyone who posted a msg about these monitors.They look much better than the Sony 200GST I wanted to buy and cost the same money.They have better FlatScreen technology and support more resolutions.(Hor:96KHz Ver:160Hz For the IIYama 410).Thanx again guys.

The MAG looked like good monitor's too but I dought I'll ever find one in this part of the world.

------------------
                    -=Jimmy=-

[This message has been edited by Jimmy (edited 09-15-1999).]
                    -=Jimmy=-

Comment

I have used MAG moniters in the past and now despise them. One of my monitors (a 17") blew out twice, once during warranty, once after. None of them have particularly good image quality.

Hansol (http://www.hansol-us.com) is much better. Their monitors are inexpensive, and look really sharp. I have seen them right next to a good Viewsonic, and you can barely tell the difference.
                      -Jonathan Beilin
                      Abit BX6R2, P2-400, 256MB SDRAM, G400 MAX, Hansol 19"

Comment

Working...
                      X