Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange days

so yesterday i decided to pick this up.

i called around and eventually found it at an HMV in mississauga, about 45 minutes away. a very friendly sounding girl offered to put it on hold for me. just as i was getting off the phone she quoted the price at $212.

after i hung up i remembered that i'd seen it on HMV's site for almost $60 less so i called back and asked about the price difference. i was told that they couldn't match their own website's price nor could they match the price at Chapters.

normally, i'm the last person to look at price tags, but this was a significant difference. and i can't rightly expect to keep myself deep in hamburgers if i throw away money needlessly.

the manager i spoke to refused to even give me a discount. don't get me wrong. she was nice about it. she told me that if i signed up for their newsletter i'd be informed when it went on sale, which she advised did happen from time to time.

then it occured to me that in this modern era there is "another way" to acquire music and this alternate method would likely be faster and less invasive than the 1.5 hour round trip to Mississauga, not to mention the days it would take to ship if i ordered it from their website.

so with that thought in mind i donated $154 to a local charity and went back to work.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Originally posted by schmosef View Post
    so with that thought in mind i donated $154 to a local charity and went back to work.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
    X