X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX #1 network

Fox Ties CBS for First Place

By James Hibberd

Fox has moved into a first-place tie with CBS for the season, and it likely will pass CBS to lead all networks within the next two days.

Fox and CBS have a 3.9 rating among adults 18 to 49, according to Nielsen, with Fox on the verge of rounding up to a 4.0 with the next two nights of "American Idol."

That will put Fox in the solo lead position at an early point in the season, a lead that network ratings analysts expect Fox to maintain through the end of May.

Though Fox typically rises from fourth place to first during the spring, this will be the first time in years that the presumptive season winner has taken the lead position this early. During the past three years, the 18-to-49 race has been decided by a mere tenth of a rating point. Last year, the race between ABC and Fox went down to the last few days of the season, then Fox pulled out a victory.

The last time the winning network took the season-to-date lead this early was in 2003-04, when NBC was still powered by hits like the final season of "Friends," "ER," the first season of "The Apprentice" and "Will and Grace."

Among the runners-up, ABC has a 3.5, NBC has 3.4, Univision has a 1.6 and The CW a 1.3.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It's all about 24

Well I guess there are those mindless zombies that watch American Idol...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
      It's all about 24

No, it's all American Idoit ... er ... Idol. It plays 3 times a week and each show places in the top 3 every week.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
        American Crap? Oh yeah, we get that here and we ALSO get the Canadian version called Canadian Crap, and even the Quebec version called Crap Académie! So you can imagine all the crap that plays on TV where I live.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

What's wrong with American Idol, really? There are some talented people on there. I barely watch, but I don't really see why it's crap.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

House!!!!!!!!!
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by TnT View Post
              What's wrong with American Idol, really? There are some talented people on there. I barely watch, but I don't really see why it's crap.

American and Canadian Idol isn't crap, but the Quebec version IS.

Comment

Can't stand the hype and drama. And maybe a few people have talent, but most do not and only survive because their home town or a few dedicated fans build phone banks to artificially boost their votes and continue on. That and I don't like pop or country, so 90% of the stuff they sing I think is utter crap, and the stuff that I do like the singers usually butcher.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                  Can't stand the hype and drama. And maybe a few people have talent, but most do not and only survive because their home town or a few dedicated fans build phone banks to artificially boost their votes and continue on. That and I don't like pop or country, so 90% of the stuff they sing I think is utter crap, and the stuff that I do like the singers usually butcher.

I do like it when they show the rejects though, funny stuff.

Comment

Hmmm...in PL version of Idol the way rejects were treated by "jury" could be often described as bullying...not sure if that fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X