• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what we usually finds in compaqs

Dust!

More dust!

Cruddy dust!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

What has this to do with compaqs? It happens to all computers eventually, if they aren't cleaned.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Less so if you actually install filters & maintain the thing
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Of course, but maintenance is work, and all my computers survived for years without filters and almost without cleaning. Maybe I'm just lucky (also only having had one virus ever, and that was in 1999. Oh, and Sasser once.).

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
          Of course, but maintenance is work, and all my computers survived for years without filters and almost without cleaning. Maybe I'm just lucky (also only having had one virus ever, and that was in 1999. Oh, and Sasser once.).

...or then you keep your computer enviroment quite dust free.
          In my "case" (notice double meaning ), some fan dies before too much dust gathers inside, and when I am opening it anyways, I usually use Dust Free to clean it up.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
            What has this to do with compaqs? It happens to all computers eventually, if they aren't cleaned.
            Because its much more frequent in compaqs compared to the rest.....
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
              Because its much more frequent in compaqs compared to the rest.....
              Bad airflow design....?
              Or rather "no airflow design"....

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1 View Post
                ...or then you keep your computer enviroment quite dust free.
                Hahaha, no!

Maybe that is the key...

Comment

You'd be amazed what a computer can survive. I worked in a factory back in the mid 90's, and the computers out on the shop floor would run on average for 1-2 years. By the end of their life, every internal component was completely covered in a 1cm thick layer of wet sludge, made up of duse, dirt, and coolant oid from the CNC machines. Seriously, 1cm thick sludge on everything inside the case, in the fans, in the power supply, in the (unused) floppy drives, everywhere. I was always surprised that they lasted more than a week.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Remember this ?

Comment

Working...
                    X