Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge judy kicks ass in ebay scam :)

from break.com

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Is this a realistic depiction of how judges misbehave in american courts?

Of course the scammer deserves to be punished for scamming, but she also deserves to be treated fairly until proven guilty.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

well from

It is not a court of law, it is not a real court, she used to be a judge but is no longer a real judge. It says absolutely nothing about the American court system, it is a TV show. The way those shows work is they monitor small claims court filings, find interesting ones, contact the people and have them sign away their rights to have the show produce judgement, and their right to take it to small claims courts... then judge judy can rule any way she would want, with no respect to actual laws, and in the end whatever judgement is made is paid by the show. That woman didn't lose a dime, that is the reason people on there are just smug and laughing and really dont seem to care about having to pay $5000, the show pays that $5000, the girl walks away scot free with just having been embarrassed a bit on national television, and the show ends up spending a lot less than it would paying actors. I learned how this works because my friend went on Judge Judy for his a rent dispute with his roomate, he was contacted by the show after putting his small claims filing in, and he won the dispute and got paid.

Please dont be so retarded as to look at this show and bash the real court system.
      But it is still nice to see a scammer being hung out to dry

edit: please don't think I am calling anyone retarded, I just left the whole quote as it was
      Last edited by Tjalfe; 13 March 2007, 13:12.
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

In answer to if Judge Judy behaves as active bench judges do: YES!!

Go int most any municipal district court in the US and it's more entertaining than 85% of what's on TV these days. I spend time there doing video depositions (easy money ) & stick around for the afternoon freak show.

You have the Judge Judy's, the even more aggressive Hang 'em High Harry's who almost climb over the bench admonishing whoever for minor traffic offences and the downright Silly Sams you saw in the Anna Nicole Smith burial hearings.

You also have the judicial "social workers" who try to reform the un-reformable with Dutch Aunt or Uncle speeches and those who cry when the impart long mandatory sentences to those who often deserve worse.

Then there are the incompetents like Judge Ito in the OJ Simpson case.

Now go to the Michigan (and other) Supreme Courts where its judges openly snipe at each other ON THE BENCH.

It's a freakin' 3-Ring Circus, and you can watch for free
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 March 2007, 14:14.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

my understanding is that the show puts up a certain amount of money for each case. the winnings are drawn from that money and then the balance is split between the two litigants.

i'm not sure if the amount that the show puts up is equal to or more than the maximum award. that is, i'm not sure if it's possible to not end up getting a share of the money put up by the show.

also, there are a lot of counter suits on these shows. i always wondered if that was because the show would put up twice the money in these cases. they almost always get dismissed anyway.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post

Go int most any municipal district court in the US and it's more entertaining than 85% of what's on TV these days.

You have the Judge Judy's, the even more aggressive Hang 'em High Harry's who almost climb over the bench admonishing whoever and the downright Silly Sams you saw in the Anna Nicole Smith hearings.

You also have the judicial "social workers" who try to reform the un-reformable with Dutch Aunt or Uncle speeches and those who cry when the impart long mandatory sentences to those who often deserve worse.

It's a freakin' 3-Ring Circus, and you can watch for free
            my high school law class had a field trip to visit the municipal and provincial courts...

i was shocked by how bad the crown attorneys were. one crown attorney was trying to bring drug dealing charges against someone but his only evidence what that he was from a bad neighbourhood and had a pager. he kept saying to the judge "but... he's got a pager" and the judge kept saying "so?"

Comment

Then there are our wonderful Oklahoma judges.

PS Why us? Sigh...
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Don't get me started on local DA's

Years ago our middle son was delivering pizza ads for extra money hen he was ejected by an apartment handyman who he had a 'history' with in high school. 2 days later he gets a ticket in the mail for driving across the apartments grounds, the complainent being guess who?

Me being me I went to the scene and photographed the scene, taking measurements of the tracks in the sod; both tire width and the distance between. Investigation 101, right? Cops didn't bother.

We go talk to the DA and show him the results; the tires were a 195mm width with a track identical to the handyman's older Chevy S-10 mini pickup. Our son drove a Dodge Ram 2500 with 265mm tires and a track 40% wider; in other words a tank.

The DA couldn't see the sense of it and would not drop the charges, so off to trial we go.

At trial the judge asked the DA why he was wasting his time.

Dismissed then the DA was invited into chambers
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 March 2007, 14:36.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

you guys should have brought action against the handyman

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                    well from

But it is still nice to see a scammer being hung out to dry

edit: please don't think I am calling anyone retarded, I just left the whole quote as it was
                    I would never think you'd do that.

Thanks for the info, and yes, it is nice, although I really think the way this was handled was less than optimal to say the least.

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    You seem to be proud of this.
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                    X