Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun

It's a fantastic day in London. There is not one single cloud, just the blue sky and the sun!!!
    ppl tell me it doesn't happen very often around here... i wish I didn't have to be at work today... :/

Same here. It is like it is late spring: People not wearing jackets, short sleeves, ....
    (and I'm at work)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Fine this morning here, but we just had a massive hailstorm between 1405 and 1410 with a guestimated 18 mm of precipitation. Even now, 2½ hours later, everywhere is still white, even though the temp is 11.3°C as I write this. Here is the chart from my weather station. Note that the red curve on the bottom chart shows the measured precipitation with a rise of 7.5 mm in ~5 minutes and a fairly steady increase since. This is not because of rain falling, but because there is an accumulation of hailstones in the funnel of the rain gauge melting! That's why the total precipitation above is only a guestimation. Note the peak measured rate is 98 mm/h, a record for here!

We saw a brilliant hailbow just after the peak. This is like a rainbow, but the top is below eye level. We got a good view because we are on the side of a hill. The chromic refraction through ice crystals comes out at a different angle than through raindrops. Never seen one before. Tried to photograph it, but the battery in my digicam was as flat as a pancake
      Attached Files
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Tis a bit cloudy here, but it's nice and warm out. It's a nice day.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yup, GREAT wheather this week
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The sun is obscured by the ceiling and four walls
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Was sunny and dry here also, but there's a lot of difference when you have 15C and the wind's blowing

Comment

Not so great anymore... :/

And Sun was really great...it was still a bit cold in the shadows, but a bit...hot on the Sun. Certainly not something I'd expect in March.

BTW Brian, I remember you mentioned some small ozone hole above Europe 2 years ago at around the same time of the year...would this feel that way? Generally still a bit cold but with Sun "feeling" hot? Could it be the case again?

Comment

The sun was nice while it lasted, until we got 15cm of snow this morning.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                  X