X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I got today?

Yeah, the installation crew arrived today and chaos reigned supreme

They where only an hour late and disorganized to the max

The planing was that they where going to show up at 7, get organized and start with the first 4 (of 32) apartments 30 minutes later.

When I poked my nose into the disaster at 8, their boss was still screaming obscenities in his mobile phone with one breath and at the newly arrived second half of the crew with his next.

Sometime later the boss had enough and burned rubber, and things seemed to organize them self a bit and work got under way, at 12 they was done with the first 4 apartments and when to lunch.

What was I doing during this?

Well, I had taken a day off since they preffered that the apartment resident was at home and that I planned to bite my own personal bullet: cleaning my apartment

After an exhausting effort I found linoleum carpet

at ~13:30 they put up the rails.
    at ~14:40 they pulled through the fiber pipe and put in the new earthed wall outlet
    at ~17 they finally blew out the fiber
    and lastly at 18:05 they where done with my apartment

at that point they were almost halfway done with the 32 apartments that they had planned to do that day

and to think that at some point someone actually believed that they could be finished in December 2006 and told everyone that
    Last edited by Technoid; 13 March 2007, 00:35.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I take it that you are going fibre then?

I see a white box with a plug on it
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Fibre to the Home. Found this on Google when I searched for Genexis.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

yep, I got one highspeed fiberpair, 23 & 24

Gigabit capable and all that
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X