Odd Vista problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Vista problem...

I have a HP DV6174EA laptop. It came with XP preinstalled and a free upgrade to Vista.
    Since installing vista, I've noticed that when i close the lid of the laptop the screen turns off, but wont turn back on when it is lifted. The OS seems to be working in the background, and tapping the power button twice to make it hibernate and then restore brings the screen back on.

If I close and open the lid before the OS has loaded everything works fine, as it did in XP.
    I've tried the graphics card driver from M$ and from HP, but to no avail.

In the power options I have set 'close lid' to do nothing....

Any thoughts?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

it seems that it is a OS issue with the ACPI Lid driver....

more here...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I had the problem in XP with my Tablet, not related to closing the lid, but related to screen stand-by. A patch fixed it (which wasn't easy to get, since MS doesn't include it in Auto Update and didn't allow me to download it). It had something to do with dual core CPUs, IIRC.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

This is exactly the same problem I had with my Laptop and Vista, I fixed it by updating my ATI display drivers.
        Also there is an option to disable the screen from going blank when closing the lid, it's here...

Control Panel/power options
        it's on the left hand side called...
        "choose what closing the lid does"

And there are other settings you can customize.

hope this helps.

PS: I have a Lenovo T60

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Working...
        X