Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of fun pictures.

And for the end......

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Blech

WHOA

and HEHEHE

... in that order
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Note the second pic is probably sarcastic, with the person holding the rainbow flag etc.

Funny pics

I'm slightly drunk and feeling good
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I like telling people the story about Turing. It's very poignant real life example of how bigotry cost the world a great man who had already helped to save the world yet still hadn't reached his full potential.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Turing worked at my last place (National Physical Laboratory, UK), although he did precede me by a few years. I even worked in his old offices and labs from time to time.
          There were several stories around about the biggotry he experienced there.
          FT.

Comment

Oh, can we all please remember that Turing perfected Enigma cracking (made it more efficient); it was cracked by polish mathematicians

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
              Oh, can we all please remember that Turing perfected Enigma cracking (made it more efficient); it was cracked by polish mathematicians

Polish homos?
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

It was a three part job.

1) A Nazi defector sold an early Enigma machine to the Poles.
                2) A Polish mathematician figured out how to crack it.
                3) The Nazis improved on the Enigma machine greatly and it now required Turing to crack it.

If all three didn't happen then none of it would've.
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

That reminds me...

I was in the smallest club ever on my visit to Poland. Apparently, it's still not very easy to be openly homosexual there. The club I went to was called "Pom Pom" (), it was in a back alley behind a car repair shop, with no sign at all on the door, darkened windows, and a bell you had to ring. It was very very small (about 30-40 square meters, I'd guess), the people there very very very nice, drinks were very very cheap and I got very very drunk until I left at about 7 AM (on a wednesday, there was still some partying going on inside). I wouldn't have found it or even known about it had not a girl taken me there (because the old club was getting boring, although the free beer was nice. Waiting on IRQ 11 took too long and the music was bad, though.). In fact, a friend forgot his jacket there, and when we went to look for the club the next day, we were barely able to find it, it was hidden that well.

Comment

TnT, my knowledge and Wikipedia seems to disagree on some details...but probably we'll never know full picture because there's too much false info anyway. Two reasons:
                    1) whole this stuff was classified up to 70s
                    2) when it was declassified, it was middle of the cold war so it's naturall that each "side" had different versions of the story :/

BTW az, which city was it? And yeah, a lot of good places are hidden, especially if they're friendly to "alternative movements"...and the politicall climate here doesn't encourage beeing very open about such views :/

Comment

It was Sopot, so it should have been more open (and prbably was - another club I liked to go to was apparently quite open-minded as well. We stumbled into a private going-away party there without knowing it until we left; the doorman thought we were invited) than most cities, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                        It was Sopot, so it should have been more open than most cities, I guess.

It prbably was - another club I liked to go to was apparently quite open-minded as well. We stumbled into a private going-away party there without knowing it until we left; the doorman thought we were invited
                        fixed a little.

gurm> polish homos is amazing! just finely chop some polish and fry it in a pan. when it's all cooked and sizzling you dump the lot into the middle of a homos dish. mmmmmm

/meow
                        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                        Asus Striker ][
                        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

I got my info mostly from The Code Book, but yeah there's conflicting info out there due to the nature of it all. I like what I think I know because it gives everyone their dues

Comment

(no offence to anyone )

Polish Divorce

A Polish man moved to the USA and married an American girl.

Although his English was far from perfect, they got along very well until one day he rushed into a lawyer's office and asked him if he could arrange a divorce for him.

The lawyer said that getting a divorce would depend on the circumstances, and asked him the following questions:
                            L: Have you any grounds?
                            P: Yes, an acre and half and nice little home.

L: No, I mean what is the foundation of this case?
                            P: It made of concrete.

L: I don't think you understand. Does either of you have a real grudge?
                            P: No, we have carport, and not need one.

L: I mean. What are your relations like?
                            P: All my relations still in Poland.

L: Is there any infidelity in your marriage?
                            P: We have hi-fidelity stereo and good DVD player.

L: Does your wife beat you up?
                            P: No, I always up before her.

L: Is your wife a nagger?
                            P: No, she white.

L: Why do you want this divorce?
                            P: She going to kill me.

L: What makes you think that?
                            P: I got proof.

L: What kind of proof?
                            P: She going to poison me. She buy a bottle at drugstore and put on shelf in bathroom. I can read, and it say: Polish Remover'.
                            FT.

Comment

Adds found in a biker magazine
                              Attached Files
                              Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                              X