Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gfx card that uses HDMI/HDCP?

Greets.

A friend of mine would love to use the combined sound and video HDMI port on his flatscreen.

But that would require a gfx. card with HDMI/HDCP out. He couldnt find one, so he asked me to help him.
    NOW I thought that would be easy..

But every card I have seen so far states that HDTV is supported by a svhs>hdtv converter.
    That leaves me doubting their "hdcp ready" sticker.

Anyone using a card with a HDMI out port?

Grats,

~~DukeP~~

And it's silent.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks a lot!
      That was exactely what I was looking for.

Well done.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

That is, assuming his sound card has the appropriate spdif output to connect to the video card.

Comment

It doesnt seem like he has that much choice, tho.

I havent found any other card besides this.

I really wonder why??

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Well, because the vast majority of monitors are going to stick with DVI for a while, since they don't have speakers. Most computer users also have desktop speakers that they connect to the soundcard. HDMI is more useful for TVs if you want to cut down on cables, but even then its really more on low-end, since people with a big TV won't be using the little crappy built in speakers... they'll have a receiver and speaker system.
            Most of the newer graphics cards have HDMI compatible DVI ports anyway... so if you have to go to HDMI on the other end you can. HDMI doesn't have a locking method like DVI does with the thumbscrews.

Comment

My friend needs to deliver sound and image over a 40" distance from his computer to his tv and sourround system.

He thought that a single HDMI cable could deliver that, and due to its narrowness(sp?) such a cable could actually use the existing cable space in his walls.

His flatscreen has got audio out, so he can connect from the flatscreen to the sourround system.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I love the passive cooling
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Here are some options from Asus that may be easier to find:

Today at HotHardware, we will be looking at two video cards from Asus.  They don't necessarily scream "power user" and

Though niether are silent. But that can be upgraded later with a Zalman solution.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X