Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Wii Wii all the way home!

This little pig finally managed to reserve a Wii from Argos
    I have just enough vouchers from Christmas (well, me and the kids do) to get it.
    I think I'll be "working from home" tomorrow

What else should I definitely get? It will be a family thing so extra controllers I guess.
    FT.

Wii Sports on its own is excellent

Despite not getting stellar ratings, Excite Truck is pretty decent. Stay away from the FPSs, I have Call of Duty, don't like it at all (its a little on the hard side, but its the cutscenes that really bother me, can't skip them and they take up 30% of the game...).

Zelda is good. Trauma Centre is apparently really good, I am thinking of picking it up.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Hard to go wrong with Super Monkey Ball as a family experience.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Got it this morning (I upset the Argos guy because he wanted it for himself and I beat him to the reservation by seconds!)

Haven't spent more than a couple of minutes on it yet. It connects to my wifi perfectly though.
        FT.

Comment

be careful with it: link
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

LOL, got to laugh at Captain Flash

Now for this afternoon I have to choose:

1) go to the tip and then go remove a friend's virus
            or
            2) finish an experiment that needs tidying (aka work)
            or
            3) Wii wii wii all the way home...
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
              Haven't spent more than a couple of minutes on it yet. It connects to my wifi perfectly though.
              What functionality does it offer over the network?
              (media streaming from a PC? or is it only for multiplayer?)

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Just seems (so far) to be access to Nintendo services over the 'net. There's a weather channel, a news channel, and a shop where you can spend points from vouchers and download older games. I'm expecting web browsing via Opera too when I get back to it.
                Edit: theres an online photo gallery feature too.
                FT.

Comment

Tabbed browsing on the Wii: http://www.wiiminder.com/
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks for the wiiminder Az.

I just won a remote+nunchuck for £32. That would cost £45 here, if they could be found!
                    It probably won't be long before I'm posting a simillar story to the one Schmo linked to
                    FT.

Comment

should have said matey - i would have given you one.
                      Zelda is worth the money, although i did feel that the nunchuk controls were added in as an after thought.

Andrea stil has 'Wii shoulder'...
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Super Paper Mario!!!!!!!!!

apparently looks quite promising
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                          should have said matey - i would have given you one.
                          Zelda is worth the money, although i did feel that the nunchuk controls were added in as an after thought.

Andrea stil has 'Wii shoulder'...
                          That's because they sort of were, but less so than some of the other 3rd-party games out there that exactly that.

Super Paper Mario does appear to be an excellent title. Now if they'd just get around to the next Mario Kart game
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

yup, video streaming and playing video from sd cards...it needs to be converted to just the right format apart fomr that that its not bad played throug component video

I am waiting for someone to add something so I can connect a hdd to the usb port

Comment

One game that I think should be on the 'Must have' list it 'Rayman Raving Rabbits'. Its family safe, but also great fun in itself.

I would agree that fps dont work. Im a fps junky, so bought 'Red Steel' Only played 2 minutes before giving up.

Another fun game, but one that isnt must have is Smooth Moves. I think it would be better with a few drinks first. It can be very fun though.

Comment

Working...
                              X