Occultation of Saturn by the Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occultation of Saturn by the Moon

This is a vid created by my 'Astronomy' friend. It is stitched from a number of short exposures. He's talking about cleaning it up some more to remove the 'wind wobble' but I think it should stay as is.

FT.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Nice!
      Any idea on the eqipment he was using?
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Very cool.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
          Nice!
          Any idea on the eqipment he was using?
          He's got an 8" (about 6ft long) reflector and a modified webcam (Phillips Toucam I believe) attached. He's done a lot of engineering on it himself and I think he's getting ready to post info on his 'rig' sometime soon.

His main project for this year will be the observatory. He currently has to trundle everything out every night. I've already got him a seriously heavy custom mounting post for it, which he'll be effectively planting into about a cubic metre of concrete. The actual surround, which is mainly for keeping wind off should be a fairly simple folding structure.

As ever, the biggest problem for an [edge of] city dweller is the bright night skies.
          FT.

Comment

Working...
          X