• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geico "cavemen"...

...get their own TV series pilot on ABC

I don't know where to begin

SciFi.com article

Geico's Cavemen Bound For ABC

ABC has plans to turn a series of quirky commercials for insurance provider Geico which revolve around a number of indignant cavemen into a half-hour comedy pilot, Variety reported. Taking its cue from the ads, Cavemen centers on three prehistoric men who must battle prejudice as they attempt to live as normal 30-somethings in modern Atlanta.

The pilot was written by Joe Lawson, the advertising copywriter who was behind the ads, as well as other comedic Geico spots. Daniel Rappaport, Guymon Cassady, Will Speck and Josh Gordon are executive-producing. Speck and Gordon, commercial directors who recently helmed the Will Farrell feature Blades of Glory, are on board to also direct.

The single-camera pilot is based on a series of Geico ads that promote the insurance company's Web site as so user-friendly that even "a caveman could do it." The spots follow cavemen as they react with offense to the derogatory slogan in modern locations such as a cable news program, an upscale restaurant, the airport and a therapist's office.

Jeff Daniel Phillips and Ben Weber play the cavemen in the Geico spots; it is unknown whether they will also appear in the series.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 March 2007, 16:59.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Here I was wondering when they'd move on to some fresh material - and I like the commercials...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Does anyone know if the Geico caveman dude is the nuclear fire dude on Heroes? They look the same to me.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Doesn't look like it.
        Known for: American Dreams, American Horror Story, Heroes
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

So it's a slightly modified version of SNL's "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer"? A Phil Hartman classic.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Can't be any worse than the drek they're serving up now.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
              Can't be any worse than the drek they're serving up now.

Kevin

I think you seriously underestimate how low Hollywood can go.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Case in point: "Reality" TV. Utter pablum.
                Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

any links to the commercials? i haven't seen them.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Here's one of the more recent ones on YouTube:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                    X