Need Video Card Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Video Card Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a kick a*s card other than Matrox? I have about had it with my G400Max and will be shortly shopping for a new one and would greatly appreciate some input.

VC must be AGP, <$250, and play awesome with the following games: Quake 1, 2,& 3, Half-Life, Unreal, & NFS3

Thanks, NightOps
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    AbitBH6, P2-300 OC'd-450, 128MB PC100SDRAM, 9.1G Seagate Medalist Pro, 17" NEC MultiSync 5FGe, Matrox G400 Max, Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B, Motorola Cable Modem, Win98

[This message has been edited by NightOps23 (edited 09-12-1999).]

What's wrong with your MAX?

Otherwise, I'd wait for a NVidia GeForce 256.

------------------
    aka Chris H

Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz, 128MB PC100 RAM, G400 32MB Dual Head, SBLive! Value, IBM 22GB ATA/66 HDD, and so on...

Comment

RoGuE,

Originally, I was having problems with my games not running due to a conflict with some old glide junk, but after reinstalling all my games everything seems to run ok.

The problem I'm having is with Quake 1/2. Gameplay is extremely dark and I've tried the idGamma program and it doesn't seem to work right. Arrrggghhh.

Other games like Unreal and HalfLife don't suffer the same problems and look truly amazing.

Any ideas??? I really don't want to send it back, but if I can't solve the Quake problem, I have no choice.

Thanks, NightOps <---Suffering serious Quake withdrawl
      ------------------
      AbitBH6, P2-300 OC'd-450, 128MB PC100SDRAM, 9.1G Seagate Medalist Pro, 17" NEC MultiSync 5FGe, Matrox G400 Max, Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B, Motorola CyberSURFR Cable Modem, Win98, PD5.25, G400 ICD Beta, DX6.1

[This message has been edited by NightOps23 (edited 09-12-1999).]

Comment

Try the idgamma written for DOS, or just slide up the brightness in your display properties before you play.

-Wombat
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

That's odd. I was having those same brightness problems back in the stone age with my Mystique (I know, don't say it).

I upgraded to the G200 marvel and have had no problems eversince. You sure yer not throwing in the old glide drivers? Q 1 and 2 seem great for me now. Check your gamma's in the matrox power desk too, that may help you.

------------------
          JÊÐî /'\å§tå
          -“Artificial Intelligence has got nothing on Natural Stupidity!”
          JÊÐî /'\å§tå
          -“Artificial Intelligence is no match to Natural Stupidity!”

Comment

Working...
          X