No announcement yet.

Musical Instruments - what do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical Instruments - what do you play?

Post what you play, have played, and your gear, or what gear you've had.

For me its all guitar/bass.

Electric Guitars:
    Ibanez RG370 w/ Seymour Duncan Pickups
    Ibanez RG321 (I think)
    Some old and poorly made Stratocaster knockoff.
    Bass:
    Ibanez SR600, 4-string, made in mid 90's I think.
    Amp
    Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb 50W all-tube head
    Mesa Boogie Rectifier Standard 4x12 (w/ V30's)

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, Zoom 505II (which I don't use for anything but tuning anymore).

I also learned to play the recorder up my nose back in elementary school. It worked quite well because you never blow too hard that way.

edit: next big purchase will be a Gibson, still debating between an SG and a Les Paul.
    Last edited by Mehen; 5 March 2007, 01:27.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

I used to play drums in former times, but haven't for ages.

My first kit was a white Tama SwingStar; had to sold it and purchased an electronic Simmons SDS 1000 later. Sold that 3 months ago as i haven't played on it for more than 7 years ...

R.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

AS a kid, xylophone, recorder

later Trombone (Yamaha) but it rarely sees the light of day

now Trumpet (occassional to help my son on his Cornet)

Squire (Fender) acoustic guitar - still learning (ok, I always will be!), really struggling with accurate finger placing for chords. I often deaden the lower string, or at least make it rattle. I really love the sound when picking though.

My son - Cornet. Entering his first competition soon. With a little luck the band will be giving him a brand new B&H soon!
      FT.

Comment

Paper and comb
        Record player
        Tape player
        CD player
        I used to play on my organ, too. (Just in case you get the wrong idea, I used to have a Farfisa 2x61 keyboard + pedalboard!)
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What's better than a rose on a piano?
          Tulips on my organ

Played the acoustic guitar way back.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

After a few unsuccessful tries all through my younger years, I still want to learn to play the piano.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

As a kid, in grade 3 and 4 the ukulele, then the recorder in grades 5 and 6 and the trombone in garde 7. Now, nothing!
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I have only played classical instruments. Clarinet, bassoon, saxaphone (though only for marching, and only for one year). Bassoon was my favorite. It has a very unique sound.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Played Drums in the younger years (9 years old), first gig played at the age of 14. Switched to Keyboard at the age of 15 & played in a band until the age of 20.

After that, for my simple pleasure only, playing acoustic guitar and a piano at home.
                  Played Electric & Bass guitar for a little while too.

I played too many instruments in my younger years, if I kept playing one or two, maybe I could’ve been something today…. .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Tried learning playing an electric guitar, but had to stop because of rheumatic artritis in my fingers.
                    Now it is just lying there, and I don't have the heart to sell it.

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Played the trumpet in highschool. Haven't had it out in years.
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Used to play the piano and saxophone, but haven't touched either in years.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

In chronological order

Piano (starting at the age of 6, took lessons for 11 years, can't really play at all now )
                          Trombone (almost forgot)
                          Flamenco guitar
                          Hagstrom electric guitar (just like this) + Fender Bandmaster amp and speaker box I made myself (5x10" drivers)
                          Various acoustic guitars (at one time I had 5)
                          Down to just an Alvarez AD60k which I really like.

Unfortunately, I am becoming WAY out of practice.
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Learn to play lullabies
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hehe, you guys should create the Virtual MURC band! you guys can sync up and play over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X