• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving test

Did she pass her driving test?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

I hope not
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sadly, she will most likely be given another chance to take the test and while that's pending she probably gets to keep her license.

It's one of the most horrifyingly broken things about the American driving/licensing system.

I am NOT ageist. But I do believe in mandatory (and stringent) retesting for high-risk groups. That includes teenagers, the elderly, the handicapped, the mentally challenged, etc.

My great-aunt kept getting her license renewed. When she was 94, she got her license renewed until she was nearly 100! The next day, she RAN HERSELF OVER. (Yes, it's possible - leave car in gear, open door, take foot off brake whilst stepping out of car...) And yet, they LET HER KEEP HER LICENSE. Her kids took it away from her after that, but she kept trying to drive anyway so they had to sell the car.

My friend's grandmother kept getting her license renewed even though she had CRIPPLING alzheimer's and couldn't control her own movements/bowels. But in her moments of "semi-lucidity", where she knew who she was but not where/when, she would grab the keys she had hidden and dart out of the house, fire up the car, and take off! If the car wasn't there she'd get violent, so they had to pull the wires from the plugs to keep her "grounded".

Both of these women DIED with valid licenses.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

She should not be allowed to drive for the remainder of her life!!

Driving is a privelage, not a right!!!!

Comment

Just like how there should be a separate "Winter License" in any location that gets snow, with appropriate mandatory training and testing. If there's snow on the road, you can't drive without one.

Just because you can parallel park on a sunny summer day, doesn't mean you know how to handle a 16 lane freeway or twisty mountain road in a snowstorm.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
          X