Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon & Heat Sinks

Howdy

I've just got my hands on my first Athlon (got it right here). But I need a large heat sink, and I think I've found what I'm looking for:

www.micforg.co.jp/c_p125e.html

But the question is: How the hell do I attach the bastard to the CPU back plate?
    The Athlon was supposed to be SECC1 compliant in it's layout, afaik, and the heat sink I've located is also an SECC1 model. But comparing the two, they do not seem to match each other.

Anybody with an Athlon please respond with telling what heat sink you are using and if possible include a www.*.* address where it can be found.

Thanks

Ghydda

------------------
    A slowly desintegrating nobody, now with an AMD K7 500 and no mobo until Monday with 256MB Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD

Only thing missing:
    Matrox RT2000

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Check them out,have for years made excellent products http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home.htm
    That's the problem,having a cpu and no place to go,by now you've probably debated whether to paint it or not and what color,overclock it,what happens if you hard wire it,oh,never mind,just take it for a ride and a beer

Comment

Working...
    X