saved by chkdsk !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saved by chkdsk !?!

I tried an "off line" defragment of my boot drive and something when wrong (should have ghosted it and chkdsk'ed it first).

So I ran a fresh WinPE disc I swiped from work today.

I got the dreaded "cleaning up lost files" and it listed a shitload of files.

"damn there goes my OS install" i thought.

And then I got the "restoring lost files" and it listed yet another shitload of files, some I recognised as "important".

"crapp, now it ate the rest of the files" I depressingly thought.

But after I rebooted W2k started and everything seems to work fine

chkdsk miraculously fixed it
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Wow, who would have thought!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
      Wow, who would have thought!

CHKDSK from WinPE/BartPE/UBCD is actually very good. From a local boot it sucks. You have to be able to give it the /X command for it to work really well.

/X dismount the entire HDD giving CHKDSK full access to all sectors.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        CHKDSK from WinPE/BartPE/UBCD is actually very good. From a local boot it sucks. You have to be able to give it the /X command for it to work really well.

/X dismount the entire HDD giving CHKDSK full access to all sectors.
        that switch is new to me, thanks for the heads up
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X