Silly Company X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Company X

You all know the webform that says please don't send me Marketing junk.

Well company X rang me up saying you've ticked the box do you want to change your mind. I was a bit pissed since I've been a victimn of Identify theft and becuase someone claiming to be from Company X can be anyone as you can't check who they are.

I explained theres a good reason why I put an X in the box in quite clear terms.

I then checked the phone number the person was dialing from and emailed Company X to verify if it really was them. I explained about recent ID theft in the contact. The chances were good as frauds wouldn't normally leave tracks to a valid phone number.

Got a stroppy reply back saying we do this every two years just in case people change there minds. No response to whether the number was valid or not. But since the email was basically rude it put my back up.

I emailed them back pointing out that all the offers where on the website anyway so I can read them at my leisure.

Even better I got a bill today and guess what was in it. Offers and promotions.

So really theres no point in them ringing anyway and wasting their resources.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page
Working...
X