Your pick for a new monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your pick for a new monitor

I personally use an Optiquest V95 19inch at home with my Marvel G200..I got it for a great deal from Buy.com and got it in two days because the warehouse was in the next state over. I paid $389 with S&H. Optiquest is low-cost line of Viewsonic. At the place I work for we use G200 with 17,19,or 21 inch Viewsonic montiors for CAD workstations.

------------------
    Celeron300A@464 abit BH6 mobo, Marvel G200, V2 SLI, 128MB RAM, 19inch Optiquest Monitor, SB live!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I use a 17" iiyama A701GT that I bought for about 500USD. I think the prices for the 19" versions are dropping rapidly as well.. You can't go wrong with an iiyama, I think !!

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I agree with Jorden, Iiyama monitors are great. I use a 19" flat tube model at work (A901HT - Pro450) and I have a 17" flat screen model at home (A702HT - Pro410). The 19" natural flat Mitsubishi is good also.

------------------
      aka Chris H

Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz, 128MB PC100 RAM, G400 32MB DH, SBLive! Value, IBM 22GB ATA/66 HDD, and so on...

Comment

As always, I recommend a Samsung Monitor. High-end performance at a mid-size price - a good buy!

Go for the brand new 900IFT-series (TCO99)

Good luck!

------------------
        ASUS P2B-S, PII-350 (o/c to 412MHz), 128MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, Sony CDU-924S CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
        ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

Already thought about the newer CTX series ?

I have the VL710T (17") at home and recommended the VL950T(19") for a friend ...

They are comparable cheap and have very good visual quality, we both are very pleased with our screens.

------------------
          CU,
          Maggi
          Millenium G400 32MB DH
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Have anyone considered Hansol?

Their 19" 900P just makes me loose control of my lower jaw. It got a great picture for it's class, BNC-connection, every possible ajustment setting you can think of.

It's quite good!

1600x1280x75Hz
            158 MHz Bandwidth
            18" viewable size
            www.hansolel.co.kr/products/900p.htm

Ghydda
            As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
            My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
            |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Your pick for a new monitor

I'm looking for a new 17-19" tube, and I'd like to hear some opinions. Can you recommend some brands or models of a reasonable price?

_
              B

Comment

Buuri,

Get the Hitachi CM752ET as long as they are available, you should be able to get one for FIM3500,- by now.

I am using them at work and on my primary computer at home, and the picture quality is just breathtaking (at least when running with Matrox cards )

Pertti

(Testing the new ISDN connection, so I have a legitimate reason for doing this at work )

Comment

Yes, I found them for 3525FIM which translates as 629USD. A good price for it?

_
                  B

Comment

In Finland, it is. I paid double for the first one a year ago.

Pertti

Comment

opps that don't help then, sorry

------------------
                      I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?
                      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Diamondtron tubes are great but they're not as good as the best Trinitron screens.

------------------
                        aka Chris H

Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz, 128MB PC100 RAM, G400 32MB DH, SBLive! Value, IBM 22GB ATA/66 HDD, and so on...

Comment

I have a kick ass Viewsonic PS790 19"
                          It has great picture quality and one little feature right now that I know you'll like,
                          a $100 rebate, you'll pay about $425, after rebate, at Virtual World, which isn't bad for a fairly high-end monitor.
                          PII SL2W8 @ 450, 128 MB, 8.4 GB, Creative 5X Encore, SB Live, G200 8 MB, too poor to afford G400
                          Assassin

Comment

I can recommend CTX, they are good, reliable and cheap.

I would also have a look at the LG Flatron 795FTPlus, which is what I'm looking at right now :-). I don't know who's technology it's based on but it's flat, completely, up down left and right. I would look at one though, having a flat screen is slightly disturbing, the anti-reflective coating on a completely flat piece of glass gives you... no reflections; to see the ceiling light over my shoulder I have to put my chin on my keyboard, on a conventional screen it's there hovering over my shoulder. You also couldn't see your boss sneaking up behind you
                            :-)

Downside, your brain will tell you that it's curving inwards (I don't think it is, I just think we're so used to seeing screens curve out, but I could be wrong)

Upside, it's got a gorgeous 16" (my measurement) visible screen, it's got a 4 way USB hub built in, and I got mine in a sale for 269GBP, normal price more like 300 GBP.
                            I love it, but it's only 2 months old so I can't tell how it will last.

It's not slim line deep like some other makes are producing, it has a standard 18" deep footprint, which means I have to sit way too close and it still looks good :-)

Dave
                            Don't make me angry...

Comment

i have a ctx 19" (vl950) i picked it up last christmass for 449.00 at sams club. you can now buy them for 349.00 (dam ) for this price i don't think you can get a better monitor.

sams club/ctx now remarks the boxes as PL9. ignore the markings they are vl950 monitors.

i can run it at 100 hz refresh up to 1152x864
                              i have run it at 120 that high but i dont like pushing things to far. 1280x and 1600x @ 85 hz

full monitor controls (includeing color warmth. presets and custom.

------------------
                              I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09-09-1999).]
                              msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                              it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X