Hi,

I have a refurbished HP Vectra VLi8 DT
    with the following parameters:
    PIII500Mhz Katmai CPU
    384 MB SDRAM
    embeded Matrox G200 8MB video card
    Intel 82443BX/ZX Chipset ,
    and I recently decided to "upgrade" it with a
    Matrox G450 DUALHEAD PCI 16MB TV-out card.
    I'm using XP pro without any service pack on it.
    I've tried several different drivers from the matrox support site, but I can't
    make neither dualhead clone feature, nor dvd max to work at all on my
    tv. The card doesn't seem to send any signal to the tv.
    I have dualhead and dvd max features in windows display setting enabled.

Can anybody help me pls?!!!

p.p. I'm dealing with this problem for quite some time without any progress,
    except re-installing windows several times

try adjusting the colour depth of the main screen.
    I vaguely remember something about tv-out only working in 16bit colour (or is that 24?)
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

also, the main monitor should not have a resolution above 1024x768.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hmm...perhaps you have a cable for G400? TV-out cables for G400 and G450/550/P750 are quite different.
        Checked if the second output works with other monitor?
        Also...I seem to remember there were some G450 "Single Head" models...which, while physically having two outputs, had one disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by gt40 View Post
          try adjusting the colour depth of the main screen.
          I vaguely remember something about tv-out only working in 16bit colour (or is that 24?)

Colour depth didn't help.
          The lower resolution neither.

Comment

My cable is home-made. I used this schematic:http://pinouts.ru/VideoCables/matrox_tvout_pinout.shtml.
            The curious thing, sorry I didn't mention it before, is that when I installed the card for the first time it worked just fine for 2-3 days and then suddenly the signal was lost (I haven't made any configuration changes). I thought that the cable is gone but after several days of trying different drivers I get the picture, but it was very blurry and then once again was gone. As I understand your suggestion is than I might have hardware problem with the
            secondhead?

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
            Hmm...perhaps you have a cable for G400? TV-out cables for G400 and G450/550/P750 are quite different.
            Checked if the second output works with other monitor?
            Also...I seem to remember there were some G450 "Single Head" models...which, while physically having two outputs, had one disabled.

Comment

Working...
            X