Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeezebox question

Hello,

My brother asked me this weird question regarding the Slimdevices Squeezebox, and I know there are users here with this device (az?), so here goes.

Suppose the pc running the squeezebox server software is in standby or hibernate. Is it possible to wake this machine from the squeezbox? Basically, can you set the device to send a wake on lan to its server?

(my brother doesn't want/need a pc running 24/7, so if the pc could be waken from a squeezbox, it can be hibernated or so)

Thanks!

Jorg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

The SB supports wake on LAN, but WOL doesn't work over WLAN and AFAIK doesn't wake devices from hibernate either (both not the SB's fault).

There's also a quite helpful forum over at forums.slimdevices.com
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Interesting...
      So if the pc is in standby, and connected via an cable, it can be woken up by the SB?

If the SB is connected via wireless, but the pc is attached via cable to the wifi router, would WOL then be possible?
      (will try this from one pc to another, but I'm not sure my pc supports WOL)

But thanks so far!

Jorg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If the PC has a wake on LAN capable NIC and is properly configured, yes. I've never tried this myself, have a look at the forums there. There was also a thread about how to build something that would allow one to WOL a PC over Wifi, I think.

Comment

BTW: He NEEDS this plug-in. Not for the WOL, but to customize the display.

Comment

Working...
          X