Whatta about that GEFORCE 256...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatta about that GEFORCE 256...

Well I do have to admit that the specs on the card look pretty impressive. The Screen shots look pretty damn good also, but the thing that would impress me the most would be it being on the store shelfs on september 24 like I was reading in one of the many web reviews of it. Now I wish that I would get my damn G400MAX from PCstop one of these days before I kill someone ....

Scott

------------------
    Celeron 300A@464, Marvel-G200, V2 SLI, SB live!, 128mb RAM, Optiquest V95 19in montior
    icq# 5344800
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Well, I just have to say that its fillrate is nowhere near Glaze3D's..

Now it's off my chest

_
    B

Comment

Yes the NV10/GeForce256 looks very impressive. But I'm more than happy with my G400 at the moment.

------------------
      aka Chris H

Abit BP6, Dual Celeron 366@550MHz, 128MB PC100 RAM, G400 32MB DH, SBLive! Value, IBM 22GB ATA/66 HDD, and so on...

Comment

*cough* no video editing *cough* so I don't care.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Hmmmmm, I have waited 3 months for the MAX G400 allready and no sign of a good ICD in NT for 3DStudio MAX.

At the moment I think the G400 rules but I'm holding onto my cash for the GeForce. It might take a while for the card to stand out in games, but knowing how good the TNT is in 3d studio for coplete GL drivers I think the GeForce will kick butt in 3D apps.

I wonder if I can wait till christmas when the ultra versions will most likely be out

what do you think?

Comment

I think that by next Christmas, the GeSpot 256II ultras will be out, and will be everything that Nvidia hyped the original GeSpot would be. That is Judging from their past.

Rags

------------------
            That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone would shell out for a Geforce 256, unless they didn't have a current generation card right now. A G400max/TNT2 ultra pretty much muscles through any game at almost any resolution...
              By the time we really need all that power DX7 will be standard and the Geforce will cost 100bucks and will be dethroned by something at least twice as powerfull
              Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Working...
              X