Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IE7 removed from Microsoft's automatic updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7 removed from Microsoft's automatic updates?

Internet Explorer 7 has apparently been removed from Microsoft's automatic updates. Since its release last fall I've been disabling the IE7 update when servicing computers because of the numerous problems being reported by users, and advising my clients against accepting the upgrade simply because it's too new and needs a service pack release to be considered reliable and secure enough to install. Now, on my two most recent XP installs, I've observed that IE7 no longer comes up on the list of critical and optional updates that auto-update compiles.

I surmise that it has been removed precisely because of the many reported problems. It is still available for download from MS. Has anyone heard any news about this?

Kevin

No, but I hope it's true. I installed IE7 on one system to check it out and it took nearly a week to undo the damage. I finally gave up, copied off the documents & email an applied the latest Ghost backup.

Grrr....
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

*ahem*

It's still being pushed to WSUS - in FOUR SEPARATE UPDATES. Argh!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

And now it's back on Automatic Updates. Still not installing it, though.

Kevin

Comment

It's not here...but was until a week or two ago (but OTOH - Win2k3)

Comment

Working...
          X