Catalyst 7.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 7.2

new 7.2 is available, lots of changes. Please note, that the resolved issues are split for Vista and XP ...

Here's the link for the XP drivers: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

New Features

Catalystâ„¢ 7.2 introduces a brand new version of the Catalystâ„¢ Control Center for Windows XP. The new Catalystâ„¢ Control Center delivers a number of significant enhancements:

* Significant performance gains; Catalystâ„¢ Control Center start-up time has been substantially reduced, and overall responsiveness has improved.
    * Reduced system resource usage
    * New 3D preview which significantly improves the ability for users to understand the benefits of enabling the many Catalystâ„¢ features of their ATI Radeonâ„¢ graphics accelerator
    * Increased stability
    * Native 32 and 64-bit support
    Performance Improvements

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system.
    Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:

* Doom 3: Setting AA to 4x and AT to 8x along with the display resolution to 2560x1600 no longer results in display corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25520
    * Corruption is no longer noticed during fast motion of DVD playback when using MCE/WMP. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23550
    * Catalystâ„¢ Control Center->Display Manager: Connecting only a CRT display device to a system running Windows Vista no longer results in TV display modes being available. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24467
    * The Microsoft Vista operating system no longer fails to resume from an S3 state on systems containing an ATI Xpress 200 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25506
    * A flickering display is no longer noticed when playing a DVD using the Windows Media Player in full screen and resuming from a standby state after disconnecting a CRT display device. This issue was known to occur when using a system containing an ATI Xpress 1100/1150 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25507
    * Catalystâ„¢ Control Center: The Help Launching Dialog is now localized for all supported languages. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25508
    * Hot plugging or un-plugging a third display device when CrossFireâ„¢ is enabled no longer results in the primary display device being swapped and identified as the display device connecting to the primary port on the master card. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25509
    * Connecting a TV to a system containing an ATI Xpress 200 series and setting it to PAL no longer results in the user not being able to control the display resolution on the LCD display when using the Catalystâ„¢ Control Center. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25511
    * The Windows Vista software driver for ATI Radeonâ„¢ products no longer fails to install if copied to a directory with a long name or to a directory with a long file path location. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25514
    * Display corruption is no longer noticed when watching TV under the Windows Vista operating system when using an ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1600 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25515
    * The Catalystâ„¢ Control Center no longer fails to launch under the Simplified Chinese version of Windows Vista. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25516
    * Connecting two display devices with one display device using the HDMI connector (secondary) no longer results in faded colors being noticed on the HDMI display device when swapping (primary and secondary) between the two display devices. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25793
    * The display mode of 1440X900@75Hz is now available within the Catalystâ„¢ Control Center when using a system containing an ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1600/1650 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25794
    * Disconnecting the primary display device when the Windows Vista operating system is in a standby state may result in the log-in screen failing to appear when resuming. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24470
    * Hot-unplugging a secondary CRT display device while the Vista screen saver is active no longer results in corruption being noticed on the LCD display when ending the screen saver activity. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25795
    * The PowerPlay option is no longer available on systems that do not support the option under the Japanese version of the Windows Vista operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25796
    * Changing the PowerPlay setting to either Power Saving or High Performance under Windows Vista, followed by rebooting the system no longer results in the PowerPlay setting displaying Battery Life mode regardless of the system being on AC power. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25797
    Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:

* Battlefield 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with the in-game display setting at 1920x1440 or 2048x1536 and AA set to 6x no longer results in the game failing to launch. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22817
    * Desperados 2: The game no longer fails to play and display an error in atioglxx.dll when AA is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25109
    * Splinter Cell Double Agent: Corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game with AA enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25104
    * Catalystâ„¢ Control Center->Basic View: Connecting a secondary display device and attempting to enable it, no longer results in the inability to enable the device when using Basic view. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23447
    * Connecting a CRT as the primary display device and CV as the secondary display device no longer results in the desktop area and refresh rate being reported incorrectly when applying the 1080i30 Optimized mode within the Catalystâ„¢ Control Center. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25174
    * Enabling CrossFireâ„¢ no longer results in display corruption being noticed when playing certain 3D games such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 and Madden Football. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23006
    * Catalystâ„¢ Control Center->Basic View: Connecting a secondary display device and attempting to enable it, no longer results in the inability to enable the device when using Basic view. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24347
    * Catalystâ„¢ Control Center: Connecting an HDTV or DFP display device no longer results in some of the HDTV formats being listed twice in the Catalystâ„¢ Control Center->Digital Panel Properties->HDTV Support. Further details can be found in topic number 737-24349
    * A blank display no longer occurs when switching the display mode from 1920x1200 60Hz to 1600x1200 60Hz. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25811
    * The display mode of 1080p is no longer added to mode list and customized list on HDTV where the maximum display mode is 1080i. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25812
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Performance Improvements

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system.
    that's insane
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Makes more sense when you consider that most reviews of Vista noted poor performance with those engines, meaning now they're just up to snuff with XP.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Anyone have the direct link for the Mobility Catalyst 7.2 download??
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
          Anyone have the direct link for the Mobility Catalyst 7.2 download??

not sure what you mean, but after clicking that link http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/ it starts the download of a software named "7-2-mobile_xp_dd_ccc_enu_41243.exe" .....
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido View Post
            not sure what you mean, but after clicking that link http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/ it starts the download of a software named "7-2-mobile_xp_dd_ccc_enu_41243.exe" .....

That would be it, cause if I download the Installation Verification Software it tells me that the drivers aren't compatible therefore I cannot install the Catalyst Drivers.

Thanks!
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

CCC load time really got shortened with this release, not to say that it's blazing fast

Comment

Nice!! The load time has always bothered me. I will have to get the new drivers as soon as I get home.

Is that under XP?
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

yup

Comment

Anyone tried the Vista drivers yet? Any changes to the baseline score? I just installed the new nVidia drivers and my gaming graphics score went from 5.4 to 5.3.
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Baseline score hasn't changed for me, still can't play any OpenGL games though (with Windows Defender disabled and all...).

Comment

Unfortunatly, they are still leaving those of us with middle aged mobos hanging, as there is still no mentioned resolution to an old issue:
                        "737-22933: No Direct3D Acceleration or Failure to Boot into Windows on Some VIA-Based Motherboards"
                        This forces me to still be using ancient drivers
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sounds like an ugly problem, Kruzin. What drivers are you running?
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

As anyone tried using the "self update" feature of the 7.1 Vista drivers to update to 7.2?
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

No change in score here from 7.1 to 7.2 under Vista.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X