X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Intensity HDMI capture card

Especially cool for those shooting in a studio;

True HDMI Digital Connections

Intensity features HDMI-in for connecting to cameras and digital set-top boxes for the highest quality capture. Get higher quality capture from HDV cameras by capturing direct and bypassing the HDV compression chip, for high quality video, captured direct from the CCD. Because edit software cannot play back to HDV cameras for monitoring, Intensity is ideal to use for monitoring uncompressed HD or HDV and even DV edits on the latest big screen televisions and video projectors by connecting to the built in HDMI-out.
    Streeting for ~$240 USD

Good - GREAT things come in small packages!

We at Guy Graphics were one of the first companies to get our hands on the new Blackmagic Design Intensity High Definition HDMI Editing Card. And I thought my Sony HC3 was small; this card is tiny. But it packs a powerful punch. This new HDMI card allows full uncompressed HD video capture by using HDMI ports instead of the other formats which were either too expensive or required compression. It works on both MAC OS X and Windows, provided you have an available PCIe slot.

Software Plug-Ins
    It comes with plug-ins for Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop. The box says “and many more” which is as vague as the “and many more” used on music CD commercials. But still, since it’s new, perhaps it’s Blackmagic Design’s way of saying “we’re just gonna keep on addin’ to the list of programs” And personally, I could see it working smoothly with all sorts of programs. From what I could tell, the card seems to have just as much smooth flavor, no bitter aftertaste, and easy compatibility as the ADS firewire Pyro Cards. It becomes an extension on your existing hardware, rather then a battling component like some other capture cards out there.
    >
    >
    Conclusion
    I can’t think of a single reason not to buy Blackmagic’s Intensity card. And usually, I try to show both negative and positive of every product I review. But really, unless your grandma needs a toenail transplant or your neighbor is selling his 1964 Rickenbacker guitar and you only have enough money to either get pay for that or the Intensity Card… ahhh, never mind. Go for the Intensity card. Affordable compatible uncompressed HD is worth having. There’s really no reason not to get one. It’s a “must have” for 2007.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 February 2007, 14:24.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X