Windows x64 or Vista driver support _with_ TV-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows x64 or Vista driver support _with_ TV-out

Does anyone know a solution to how to get tv-out driver support for the G400,450,550 under windows x64 or vista?

Up till now Matrox has only released driver 5.96.004 SE ("TV-output functionality and PureVideo/DVDMax features are not available with this driver interface.").

I don't understand, seeing dualhead is supported, why not support tv-out as well?

I would guess it would have to be re-coded to comply with Vista's DRM. Probably pending approval of Hollywood also.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
      I would guess it would have to be re-coded to comply with Vista's DRM. Probably pending approval of Hollywood also.
      Had not thought of that yet. Is that really an issue?

Anyways, it shouldn't be an issue for Windows XP x64, right?

Comment

easy, remove the matrox card and put a nvidia card in...it worked for me ;(
        been xp x64 for the last year

Comment

Not really.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Definitely not. Vista's DRM only kicks in if you're trying to view protected HD content over a DVI or HDMI connection. If you're watching any non-protected content over your S-Video connection, there's no DRM involved. It's just a driver issue.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Still no one that knows of any (third party) driver that support the G400 under windows x64?

I refuse to upgrade my matrox card, i just luv it too much. Seriously, i can't see why the driver support is that difficult under 64 bit, so i'm hoping something will be out there.

Comment

Working...
              X