Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L33t skillz at video gaming? Then think about a surgeon career ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L33t skillz at video gaming? Then think about a surgeon career ...

It is the ultimate excuse for every video-gamer accused of spending too long hunched over a console: "I'm not addicted. I'm just honing my surgical skills."

A study has found a direct link between skill at video gaming and skill at keyhole, or laparoscopic, surgery. Young surgeons who spent at least three hours a week playing video games in the past made 37% fewer errors, were 27% faster, and scored 42% better overall than surgeons who had never played a video game at all.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/st...016992,00.html
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I'm pretty good at video games but my hands shake way too much for me to be a surgeon.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
      I'm pretty good at video games but my hands shake way too much for me to be a surgeon.

Ditto.

But overall, I hate articles like this. Mislead people into reading your article so that you can tell them something mundane - that video games improve fine hand-eye coordination. But they don't help you learn to catch or throw a ball, do they? No gross hand-eye coordination here!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
      X