Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An oh S*** moment if there ever was one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An oh S*** moment if there ever was one!

LOL
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

They were speaking French, weren't they?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Exit stage left, at warp 9.95
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I heard the thing 'click' and thought: that ain't right, it supposed to go 'wh00sh!'
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by teknoboy421
          These aren't French soldiers. These are Canadians from 5 brigade in Quebec.

Its an ERYX missile launcher, and it suffers a complete flight motor failure. The kicker charge went off to get it out of the tube, and the flight motor never lit.

The explosive charge in the missile is set to arm after 300m of flight time, but still, great reactions on apart of the crew in skeedaddling like that. lol.

I would run too.

Im a Canadian Army Armorer, and we've been passing this video around work for the last month or so.
          From the comments on that site
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I was pretty sure that those guys were French Canadian.

Thanks Technoid, I was wondering about the backstory.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I actually watched "Future Weapons" earlier today, featuring these sorts of missile systems. They're quite impressive... when... they... work.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Dear lord...... my heart would be in my throat.
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Mine would leave by the other exit
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                    They were speaking French, weren't they?
                    Would anybody be so kind as to explain this seeming hatred towards the french to me? I see it all the time on the net, but I don't understand why.
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Because the USA would never have survived without the help of the French, and the Americans have never got over the fact
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                        Would anybody be so kind as to explain this seeming hatred towards the french to me? I see it all the time on the net, but I don't understand why.
                        I don't think he meant it in a negative way, but as an observation.
                        I was going to post it was Quebecois French, but someone beat me to it
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'm not accusing Jammrock of anything It just reminded me of the countless times I see this "french-bashing" on the web, and I'm wondering why.
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                            I'm not a France basher or hater. Just to clear that up. I've known French Quebec ... er, I'm not even going to try and spell that ... people and I figured the language was too Quebec to be French military. But I still made the joke

Anyway, it's just based off a running joke among many in the US about the French military. Past military victories and aide to the colonial rebels aside, in recent years they have lacked in military victories without 1) lots of assistance, or 2) without being lead by someone not from France (Napoleon, William the Conqueror (who was a Norman, and thus a Viking living in France), Charlemagne), with one exception ... a 14-year old girl, Joan of Arc, whom they consequently burned at the stake as a heretic. The big online primer was a Google joke where if you searched for "French Military Victories" you got this:

And if you follow the link you got this:

Thus the joke bloomed and France replaced Poland as the least effective military in the western world.

Jammrock
                            Last edited by Jammrock; 20 February 2007, 08:08.
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I think the French have had their fair share of conflicts, on both the losing and winning sides.

And I don't think Jeanne d'Arc was exactly recent history (or Napoleon, who was French Corsican, BTW or, even less Charlemagne, who was Frankish - France didn't even exist as a country in the 8th c.) and she was not burnt by the French, but by the English.
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X