Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony MiniDiscs? The Future?

Well, I still use Sony MiniDiscs.

The new Hi-MD unit, the MZ-RH1, is pretty nice because it is backward compatible with older models.

Here's the new MZ-RH1: http://tinyurl.com/negpt

It's definitely the Ferrari of portable MiniDisc recorders.

(I have the old MZ-R37 and MZ-NH810 models.)

This new Hi-MD unit allows for high-speed USB uploads to the computer and the software converts the ATRAC recordings to .WAV files for use in video projects.

The other really cool thing about Sony MiniDiscs is that they're kind of like Panasonic's DVD-RAM format... enclosed in protective mini cartridges.

The MiniDiscs use magneto-optical recording technology, which has advantages.

Also, you can store DATA on the new 1GB Hi-MD discs... they're not just limited to audio.

This technology is finally to the point where it's worth it.

But has Sony waited too long?

Now you can get flash memory recorders... also fairly portable ... that record in 24-Bit.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 21 February 2007, 18:58.

I'd say its about 5 years to late
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
      I'd say its about 5 years to late
      Maybe so.

I am pleased, however, that my local "Fred Meyer" grocery/department store stocks MiniDiscs.

So they're still easy for me to buy.

The folks on the MiniDisc forums are also talking about why they still love the format... here...

Plus, I have to admit I love these new multi-colored MiniDiscs:

They look cool.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X