This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power peaks on Seti@Home

None of you guys answered my question to what is the highest power peak you have gotten, so I'm asking again. I got 181.26 which is the last yellow before the red. Can anyone beat me?

If you read <a href="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/spikes_down.html">this</a> you will understand why the spikes are unimportant.

Helmchen

Comment

Well, I know that most(most all) spikes are caused by interference but mine is well below 99999. I didn't know about that problem so I was just curious to who got a satellite in their unit. Also why do they only look at expected results? Isn't the point of SETI to look for unexpected signals?

Comment

OK!
        actual:
        Peak 189.69
        Gauss 1.85 fit 15.617
        last:
        Peak about 202
        Gauss dunno

It's impossible to look for unexpected result, because you can't recognize them as ET. Therefore SETI@home is looking for plausible schemes of signals. They are looking for schemes that if we were the sender could reach a supposed planet.

Helmchen

Comment

I've had a peak of 313!

My bro's got a gaus reading of 2.44 fit of 8, and 3.49 fit of 11. The fit has to be low (1-5) for the gauss reading to mean anything.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

Comment

That peak of 313 is the 2nd from last red block.

Comment

I got wiped their. Are all units coming from Arecibo or are there other stations that SETI works with?
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

They all come frome Arecibo, they will think about changing to another one when Arecibo has done its work which will last about 2 Years if I know right.
                It's all declared in detail on their website:
                <a href="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/">SETI@home</a>

[This message has been edited by Helmchen (edited 09-03-1999).]

Comment

Hi Greebe

had some problems with NT-version and PD 5.13 now with 5.21 i switched back to it saving about 2-3 hours a unit

Helmchen

Comment

Doh! wrong thread

[This message has been edited by TnT (edited 09-05-1999).]
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Hi Greebe

My range of used time is currently between 6 and 23 hours on a celeron 433@433 per unit. With Win-Seti on an average of about 16 - 17h
                      With NT-Seti on an average of about 14 - 15h

Neither my nor your results seem to be in the range they should be. I've read the win-client is about 3times faster when it's minimized and the NT-client is about 30% faster than the minimized NT-client.

Helmchen

Comment

Sorry Greebe, meant Win-client

Sounds that you ran the Win-client with graphics displayed where the graphics use much of your prozessors time.
                        I ran it all the time and minimized (not as screensaver).

Helmchen

Comment

Working...
                        X