Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquis Who'sWho: an honour? or a scam/spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquis Who'sWho: an honour? or a scam/spam?

Hello,

Just this morning I received an intriguing letter from Marquis Who'sWho in Science and Engineering. It was a form to submit my biographical data to them.

Apparently, it is a database for people working in a specific field; people are considered for it via nominations from other members, colleagues, etc. or are found through research.

Is this something genuine? (feels like an honour)
    Or just another scam?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

It's free and does no harm, but does no good, either! A bit of an ego trip, that's all. They make their money from selling you the book, but that is not mandatory. I don't think anyone really uses it as a reference. I know that I've had inscriptions at a number of times in various Who's Whos, including the one you mention, but I think they got fed up when I didn't keep buying them! Don't know whether I'm still inscribed, probably not.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeah, those who's who things are a ... well, you won't get put on some sex mailing list or anything, although your mail traffic might go up with related material.

But yeah I never buy them.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Ok, trashcan it goes...
        (for a moment, I felt important )

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X