Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead & AVCHD H.264/MPEG-4 Editing

What am I missing here?

Ulead's MediaStudio Pro 8 already supports proxy editing of HDV, which offers the key advantage of allowing a user to edit HDV files with slower computers.

According to the system recommendations, the NON-PROXY requirements for HDV are as follows: Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or higher with Hyper-Threading technology as verified at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/9tg83

That's the NON-PROXY recommendation.

So let's consider the alternative.

If you use PROXIES, then you can get away with a much slower computer to edit the HDV files using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8.

What's to stop Ulead from using this formula for AVCHD?

Yes, I realize AVCHD is far more computationally-intensive.

But remember: one does not have to capture AVCHD files using a Firewire connection.

One only needs an SD card reader or a USB connection to transfer the AVCHD video to one's computer and these transfers should be fairly quick.

If one uses PROXIES, then one should be able to easily see one's edit decisions.

Then produce the final output by linking back to the original AVCHD files.

Why wouldn't this work?

Could somebody at Ulead chime in?

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Corel/Intervideo/Ulead has announced AVCHD support in upcoming products and patches;
    Corel, a leading provider of digital media software, announced support for the Advanced Video Codec High Definition Standard (AVCHD). Corel’ s InterVideo WinDVD 8—the world’s best-selling DVD/BD/HD-DVD and video playback software—is the first playback software to achieve AVCHD certification. Corel, which completed its acquisition of InterVideo, Inc. and Ulead last month, announced that additional InterVideo and Ulead video and DVD burning products will also support AVCHD via update packs and future product releases.
    >
    Once an AVCHD codec is in place (AVCHD = just a marketing name for H.264 AVC) proxy should work. Absent it using proxy cannot work as there isn't a codec with which to render BR/HD DVD compliant files.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 February 2007, 23:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Isn't Corel the place software goes to die? You practically need to know the secret handshake to find out about Media Studio Pro as it is.

--wally.

Comment

Good one, Wally!

But, seriously, the proxy feature should work for AVCHD editing.

Doc's right.

All we need is for Ulead to release an update pack for MediaStudio Pro 8.

Then we're good to go with AVCHD high definition editing -- even on my slow notebook computer.

C'mon, Ulead, Corel: LET'S SEE SOME LEADERSHIP.

Jerry Jones
        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X