Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1200 for each PS3...Penny Arcade just couldn'te resist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1200 for each PS3...Penny Arcade just couldn'te resist.

Got a Huge laugh from this.

Electronic Gaming Monthly, in an interview with Sony's Jack Tretton in early January, mentioned the recent availability of his company's console: "...it seemed like about 50 percent of the people in line were there to make a quick buck on eBay. And now we're seeing a lot more units on store shelves." Jack seemed a tad surprised by this, but he put his money where his mouth is: "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes." After EGM let Tretton know they had indeed phoned 18 stores and found half of them had PS3s in stock, some stores with as many as 20 consoles, Jack held firm "if only nine of the 18 stores you contacted had supplies, that seems to be a clear indication that sales continue to be outstanding." So there you have it, Jack's not backing down. We're guessing our check is already in the mail.[Thanks, Corey B]

Jack Tretton, CEO of Sony, said he'd pay $1200 to anyone who could find a PS3 on the shelves so they could buy it. The guys at Penny Arcade of course took up that challenge:

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Lol!
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I saw a stack of about 6 or 7 walking through the mall a few weeks ago. I asked if they were actual PS3's, and they were.

At my house tonight, we had 4 people aged ~50 years playing the Wii. Not a chance in h3ll we would have got them to play PS3 or 360.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
        I saw a stack of about 6 or 7 walking through the mall a few weeks ago. I asked if they were actual PS3's, and they were.

At my house tonight, we had 4 people aged ~50 years playing the Wii. Not a chance in h3ll we would have got them to play PS3 or 360.
        So I went up to Maine this weekend to see my family and my cats (remember I'm displaced). I bring my Wii with my brand new second controller up with me. First I get my sister playing.. then I get my Dad playing. My mom is sitting there talking about how fun this looks and that SHE wants one (I have NEVER heard these words from my mom and this goes back to the NES days).

My mom calls my brother who lives next door and he comes over with his wife and two little ones (yes they are wii We proceed to switch off playing Wii Sports for 3 hours. Everyone is getting into it. the 1 and 2 year olds think we are nuts but are moving their hands as if they are playing. Funnily, just the process of making Mii's for everyone is hysterical and everyone gets into it. People even make comments when their Mii's come up as hitters in Baseball. Sony... you really could learn something from this. I probably sold two more Wii's just by bring it home for the weekend.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
        X