Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPEG2 copy to a Panasonic DMR-EH65 DVD recorder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG2 copy to a Panasonic DMR-EH65 DVD recorder.

Hi,
    It was a long time ago I posted here, but now I have to ask a question.
    Recently I purchased a new DVD recorder, the Panasonic DMR-EH65.
    The manual says how to copy MPEG2 moving pictures from an SD card to HDD.
    In the same time the manual says: ”Motion pictures encoded in the MPEG2 format, which have been taken by a Panasonic SD Video Camera, digital video camera etc. can be stored on HDD or DVD-RAM”
    I have no Panasonic camcorders and not an SD based one neither. But I want to put an MPEG2 encoded video to the SD card from the PC and than do a copy to HDD.
    Nothing is working. The recorder doesn’t recognize any video files on my 2 GB SD card. JPEGs and slide shows yes but not Video. The SD menu not even pops up the line (showed in the manual): “Copy Video(MPEG2)”, not even with an empty, formatted SD card.
    My questions are:
    1-How can I encode a short video file, say an ordinary .AVI or a “regular” MPEG2 to a Panasonic compliant MPEG2. Must be, probably a “Hybrid (VBR) MPEG2” format, which I do not anything about this?
    2-The recorder is made only for Region 2 and the manual is written for region free machine?
    //Fred
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

It sounds like they're talking about the Panasonic SDR-S150 model SD camcorder:

That camcorder records DVD-ready MPEG-2 to SD memory cards.

The Panasonic DVD player/recorder simply transfers the MPEG-2 video from the SD memory card to the hard disk drive, right?

There's no re-encoding, as far as I know.

So if you record DVD-ready MPEG-2 to an SD card without using the Panasonic camcorder, then it should do the same... transfer the video on the card to the hard disk drive.

Is that what you're attempting?

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

P. S. I suppose it is possible that Panasonic's camcorder writes the MPEG-2 video to the card using a special "header." Perhaps the Panasonic player/recorder needs to see that "header" before it can recognize and transfer the MPEG-2 data.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Yes, my intention is to transfer DVD-ready MPEG2 on the SD card to the recorders HDD and than playing up it from the HDD. In fact, not a big deal but I am frustrated because I am unable to do that.
        I don’t know what you mean “re-recording” but I understand that I could COPY the video to the HDD. There is a directed copy menu in the EH65 and the video could be copied from the SD to the HDD or to DVD. But there, on the SD is nothing recognized to be copied.
        I’m afraid you’re right. The Panasonic camcorder probably writes a special "header" to the SD.
        So, I am just asking how I could simulate such a header in the computer.
        I should mention that the EH65 plays any DVD authored MPEG2 videos from DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, DVD-RAM (not tested anyway), and ofcourse any recorded video.
        The recorder recognizes any JPEG or slideshows from the SD card.
        //Fred
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X