using the new nVidia control panel to rotate a non-primary display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using the new nVidia control panel to rotate a non-primary display

In XP nVidia has two control panel apps, the "classic" app and the new "recommended" app.

I haven't been able to figure out how to use the new control panel to rotate the non primary display. No matter what I do it always applies the rotation to the primary display. That's been ok until now though because I've been able to use the "classic" control panel to rotate the "4th" display (second DVI port on my second PCIe card).

The nVidia drivers for Vista do not include the "classic" app though. I can't figure out how to apply the rotation to my desired display with the new app under Vista.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know of a good nVidia forum I can post this question on?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Um... well currently nVRotate is a bit 'broken' in some things it does and doesn't communicate to the operating system. There is a beta driver out that supposedly fixes some problems with it, but I but don't know if its available for Vista yet.

I think in their 'reccomended' XP app you had to select the correct video card from the tree, and then in the display section select the monitor you want and then go to rotation after that. Its not very intuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan View Post
      I think in their 'reccomended' XP app you had to select the correct video card from the tree, and then in the display section select the monitor you want and then go to rotation after that. Its not very intuitive.
      I've tried doing that but it didn't seem to work.

I'll try again a little later on.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

I just tried the new nVidia drivers for Vista and was able to rotate and configure my screens without any trouble.

So it must have been a bug in the previous release that was hampering me.

Comment

Interestingly I just updated my Windows Vista baseline score and my gaming graphics went from 5.4 (with the old drivers) to 5.3.

I'm going to be installed the new ATI drivers on a couple of Vista installations later today. I wonder how those new drivers will affect the baseline.

Comment

Working...
          X