new intel inf chipset files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new intel inf chipset files.

the other day while continueing my never ending quest for the latest driver / bug fixes, i ran into a post that basicly said,

"remember thier is more to updateing your motherboard than the bios, your chipset needs
    updateing too."

so for the heck of it i whent over to abit-usa.com and no new busmaster drivers for
    win98 and intel bx chipset.

then i remembered that intel writes the driver's maybe they have something updated for win98.

yep chipset drivers for everything. includeing agp to cpu bridge, pci to isa bridge and a few other changes. wheather this
    makes any thing more stable i don't know but no more generic busmaster drivers. the update file also covers other intel chipsets.
    these are devloper inf files but hey i got a bh6 i installed them no problem and every thing seems to be running smooth.

when it is installing the updated driver for the isa to pci bridge it may want to copy some files off your win98 cd. becuase windows had yet to install the driver for the ide bus my cd drive was not working. click cancle for that window and let the hardware continue to install everything else. when you re boot you will see the isa to pci bridge listed in the device manager under other, just click update driver and let it go.

check it out at. http://developer.intel.com/design/so...atform/440.htm

------------------
    If any message I have posted in the past, present or future has upset or caused someone bad feelings, Im sorry. I only meant those remarks in jest, once again I am sorry. I have a warped sence of humor. (Unless your name is Tylau of course then You can eat shit and Die Die Die you ****ole.)

Noel C. Ridge Jr.

i never said i could spell, hey do we have a spell checker option that can be turned on ???

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 08-27-1999).]
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

I have played with these drivers each time intel releases a new one. Everyone generally performs worse than the MS ones that come with win98. If you have win95, then grab em they are worth the extra stability.

Rags

------------------
    Some people call me the Space Cowboy.....

Comment

Working...
    X