Adam Walsh case getting hot again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Walsh case getting hot again?

Adam Walsh's kidnapping/murder started his dad John on his victim advocacy crusade, which also lead to the "America's Most Wanted" TV show which is responsible for the capture of many fugitives.

Adam's case was never solved, but new evidence may connect cannibal killer Jeffrey Dahmer to Adams disappearance....

Stay in the know with the latest Orlando news, weather and sports. Get the top stories and all the scores from the team at WESH.

MILWAUKEE -- Did Jeffrey Dahmer confess to all his crimes? There's a call to reopen the investigation into Milwaukee's most notorious killer.

Milwaukee TV station WISN reported that there are new questions about Dahmer's criminal history before he returned to Milwaukee and never-reported details that some believe link Dahmer to one of the United States' most notorious cold cases.

The boy at the center of that cold case is now a household name. Who can forget the toothless grin of 6-year-old Adam Walsh, the Florida boy abducted, dismembered and dumped in a drainage canal in 1981.

A Miami author is making the case that Dahmer may be responsible for the Walsh slaying.

WISN dissected his argument and has detailed the never-reported evidence that has at least one career FBI man calling to reopen the case against Dahmer.

It was a strange and surreal summer. Officials reported the daily death toll and named the faces of death.

As the victims' families faced the horror that was Dahmer, WISN reported that a subplot was unfolding that police tried to keep from the headlines.

"It smelled. All the right smells were there. That's the way I looked at it," retired FBI Agent Neil Purtell said.

Purtell was the FBI agent assigned to the Dahmer case. For the first time, he talked about his role in the Adam Walsh investigation. Purtell said from the day of the arrest, many in law enforcement wondered if Milwaukee's most notorious killer could be responsible for a high-profile case that went cold long ago.

"If Dahmer did this, if it was my son, I'd want the truth," Purtell said.

So does Adam's father.

"Even though it's a cold case, people are coming forward who are claiming one thing, who are saying we were not taken seriously back 25, 26 years ago. So I think they have to look at this case," John Walsh told WISN this week.

Walsh and Purtell believe new, never-revealed information in the Walsh case demands a second look at Dahmer. It's information developed by a Florida journalist who took up the Walsh investigation long after police had stopped. And now, 25 years later, the time has come.

"He's our only child, a beautiful little boy, and we just want him back," Walsh said in July 1981.

On July 27, 1981, Adam vanished from a shopping mall in the Miami suburb of Hollywood.

The disappearance of the Little Leaguer prompted a nationwide search and indelibly imprinted Adam's gap-toothed grin in the minds of shaken families across the country.

"I don't know who would do this to a 6-year-old child. I can't conceive of it," Walsh said at the time of Adam's disappearance.

Two weeks later, fishermen found Adam's head in a drainage canal, but police never found his body.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X