• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After

My 30" Dell showed today.

Here's a pic of my previous triple monitor setup:
    Attached Files
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

I haven't installed the Dell yet. I'll do that later today.

I have 2 20" Dell LCDs at home that I'm going to bring into the office tomorrow.

Later tonight I'll post a pic of my hybrid system (mixed LCD and CRT). Then tomorrow I'll post a pic of the final config (pure LCD).

Comment

I like the framed poster in the background
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Change of plan.

I didn't have time to setup my new monitor before I had to leave the office so I'm going to set it up in the morning.

Look for a new pic tomorrow.

Comment

kvm?
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
            kvm?

Comment

Keybord, video, mouse (switch)?

btw, where is the after?
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I know what a KVM is. I didn't understand why he was asking me about one. I guess I didn't explain things properly.

I was only ever going to have three screens hooked up at a time so no KVM necessary.

Just for today I thought I was going to have my 30" LCD paired with my two Viewsonic 22" monitors. But then I left before I had a chance to set that up.

So I was planning on coming in tomorrow with my two 20" LCD monitors and getting them going with my 30" Dell (and taking my CRTs home) but I'm back in the office now (had to come back and take care of something) and I brought my LCDs with me. I'm about to shut down and setup the 3 LCD screens. I might take a few pics of the old setup for posterity.

Comment

How are you powering these three monitors? Two video cards?

BTW, I'm looking forward to the pictures
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, I've got two Asus 0db PCIe cards with nVidia 7600GT GPUs.

Here are some more pics I took of the old setup (I'm feeling nostalgic, this setup has served me well these last few years)...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the box that the 30" LCD came in...
                      Attached Files

Comment

and here are my two 20" LCDs from home...
                        Attached Files

Comment

I guess I should stop procrastinating and get with setting up the new monitor!

Comment

I think you are going to have to setup the 20 inchers in portrait mode in order for it to look good with the 30 incher, just a suggestion anyway.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I just booted the 30" LCD for the first time. It detects as 1280x800. I think I have to install the driver that came on the CD for it to run at full resolution.

Even at this resolution the LCD looks amazing. I'm in geek heaven.

Now to setup the other LCDs and figure out the resolution issue...

Comment

Working...
                              X