XP desktop tiling glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP desktop tiling glitch

For fun I thought I'd try to see how a few different 4800x1200 desktop wallpapers looked.

I've discovered that XP doesn't tile from left to right. So the three pieces of the image are not in the correct order.

What's even weirder is if I manually move my monitor positions in the settings tab it re-tiles the background and screws up the image again.

Anyone know of a way to fix this? Obviously, I can use an image editing program to move pieces of the image around to compensate for Windows, but what's to stop XP from re-tiling again and screwing up the image again?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Ultramon?
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Using any photo editing, make the background you want in the correct size, and center it?

edit: if you have an nVidia card, isn't there a desktop background tab in the drivers?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X