ADSL Annex M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSL Annex M

My ADSL isp has uppgraded thir DSLAMS to Annex M and today I finaly got my hands on a compatible modem

The Standard allows for 24mbit down and 3.5mbit up , sadly my ISP is throthling the upload to 2.5

A Zyxel 660-H61 Triple play that after uppdating syncs at 13mbit down and 2.2mbit up

Theat modem is from 2004 and the last FW was from 2006-11-03 (most other manufactors orphans their products within the same 6 months of release )

realworld tests give me 220kbyte up and 1700kbyte down

Old modem managed 80kbyte up and 1140~1260 down.

Tried with another modem that was suposed to be compatible and got a solid 0.25mbit up and down
    Last edited by Technoid; 29 January 2007, 13:39. Reason: realworld tests was 220 and not 200 >oops<
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Nice, but what exactly do you use all this speed for?.. my 9Mbit connection is mostly used for regular web browsing now, except for the torrent traffic my brother generates
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

apart from torrents, I tend to FTP a lot of stuff between my home computer and my 'puter at work instead of carrying it on my USB stick, VNC is less frustrating with more bandwith
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

With whom do you have 9Mb download?
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef View Post
          With whom do you have 9Mb download?

last privately owned cable company in Canada from what I hear.. bell supposetly has 12Mbit ready for rollout in this area too, not that they have gone official with it yet
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Some of us are still in Comcast 256Kbit upload hell. My bit torrent ratios SUCK.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X