PC in a PC :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC in a PC :)

Please excuse the poor quality of the V3i photo camera.

Via Epia 1GHz 512Mb DDR 60Gb Hitachi laptop hard drive 50Wpico-PSU
    X2
    4Port KVM USB+VGA

Now my main PC can be used just for games and watching films...
    Attached Files
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

The thumbnails look better than the close ups

edit. obviously, the floppy and the smartcard made room for this, hope i wont be needing them (windows reinstall)
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

Nice!

And yes, the thumbnails do look good

What are you running on it, how is the performance, could it be cooled passively?
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Each is running XP. Passive would be possible, if the main pc stayed on all the time...im looking into a separate external psu for the fans

I also believe in overcooling first, and then if its too noisy, turn down

Its not too bad, just have to set up the keyboards properly...

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
          Its not too bad, just have to set up the keyboards properly...
          You could use this to combine keyboard and mouse http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ (if one PC is always on)

Cool project btw.
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
            You could use this to combine keyboard and mouse http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ (if one PC is always on)
            Only if each PC has its own display...

If not, VNC might be an option (or Remote Desktop).

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

True enough, I was assuming they do.

What self-respecting murcer doesn't have at least 2 displays?
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                What self-respecting murcer doesn't have at least 2 displays?
                <--

Oh! You said self-respecting... nevermind, then

Comment

I had to include that, knowing who bought laptops recently
                  FT.

Comment

I think 1400x900 on a 14" screen is enough to qualify as a MURCer. And hey, my integrated graphics are slow, so they should count as half-Matrox anyway

Comment

bah, I sold my monitor!
                      I'm back down to one display
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                        bah, I sold my monitor!
                        I'm back down to one display
                        please don't post till you get another monitor
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

If I wear my glasses upside down, it looks like I have two monitors
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            If I wear my glasses upside down, it looks like I have two monitors
                            A cheap version of DualHead-2-Go
                            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

The keyboard setup I was referring to is the fact that I have a small Laptop style desktop keyboard, which is AZERTY and all my OS's are US English, so not only do the keys not all match up, but when the num lock is on, i type numbers as well...

It's a pain in the arse trying to remap all the keys in my mind...

I've done it now, cos it got way too annoying having to go back through posts and check everything...

I tried VNC, and its sh*t slow, better than PC Anywhere, but still cack.
                              Remote Desktop is a godsend for speed and usefullness, except when you have network errors, or are constantly fiddling with it...

No, the best option was a KVM switch, I can even do the BIOS on all 4 Machines...its just a shame that I have 5 machines.
                              Well, I suppose my 19" iiyama's gonna have to go on PC2... Also looks like its gonna have to migrate back to taking up half the workbench in the garage...

edit: somewhere where no one can hear it...

Comment

Working...
                              X