Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Gates: Internet Will Revolutionize TV In Five Years

Link to CNET article: http://tinyurl.com/32cekt

The Internet is set to revolutionize television within five years, due to an explosion of online video content and the merging of PCs and TV sets, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said on Saturday.

"I'm stunned how people aren't seeing that with TV, in five years from now, people will laugh at what we've had," he told business leaders and politicians at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Did he mean "Windows Internet TV" or is he this time open to other thing, like Joost? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ven...ject_(Software) - and BTW, this one looks quite good...)

Comment

ya know, i don't want to interact with my tv, I quite specifically do not want interactive content on my idiot box.

I want to turn it on, and turn my brain off.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

In five years??
        maybe in 25.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

then again, remember how fast the "reality TV" plague spread.......
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
            then again, remember how fast the "reality TV" plague spread.......
            So-called "reality TV" is really, really bad TV, in my opinion.

I just tune out.

In fact, I think Gates was incorrect.

Many of us aren't "laughing" at the current crap on commercial TV.

We're tormented by it.

If anything, commercial TV continues to get worse and worse and worse.

I remember the TV shows from the 60s and even the 50s and it was dramatically better, in my opinion, than the horrendous and offensive garbage that hits commercial screens these days.

Jerry Jones
            I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X