I've truly nerded out at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've truly nerded out at home

They were going to throw away a perfectly good rack at work so I snagged it, went to Fry's, bought a tray, rack mountable power strip and brackets for my switch. Now all I need to do is add a second tray and power strip, move over some more devices and I'm set
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Oh, I forgot to mention I bought the OEM version of Vista Ultimate(64-bit) as well. I ordered through Newegg. I figured I'm gonna eventually use it anyway, so I might as well maximize my investment and get it from day one
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Send Pix!!1!111one
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia View Post
        Oh, I forgot to mention I bought the OEM version of Vista Ultimate(64-bit) as well. I ordered through Newegg. I figured I'm gonna eventually use it anyway, so I might as well maximize my investment and get it from day one
        And the best of luck (you may need it!). I've uninstalled Vista (unusable foe serious work on my machine, for lack of drivers).
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

You are not alone

this is inside our master bedroom closet
          .. which needs a bit of cleaning, now the flash exposes all the dust
          Attached Files
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
            And the best of luck (you may need it!). I've uninstalled Vista (unusable foe serious work on my machine, for lack of drivers).
            I plan on having XP installed for at least a year. I'll have a dual boot system until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
              You are not alone

this is inside our master bedroom closet
              .. which needs a bit of cleaning, now the flash exposes all the dust
              Ahh nice Glad I'm not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                Send Pix!!1!111one
                Here ya go
                Attached Files

Comment

Needs more stuff mounted

(Didn't realize you bought that large a rack though... wow! Do you think you'll ever fill it?)
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Arg, I need a camera - you haven't seen overkill for a residence until you have seen my setup.
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                      Needs more stuff mounted

(Didn't realize you bought that large a rack though... wow! Do you think you'll ever fill it?)
                      Indeed I need more stuff mounted ad I will. I justs ordered a PC tray to hold my PC. I ordered another Tray to hold a few more devices and another power strip. That will fill up about 66-75% of it.

BTW, I didn't buy the rack, I took it from work because they were going to throw it away.

Comment

you can easily fill the rest, by adding home theater stuff
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                          you can easily fill the rest, by adding home theater stuff
                          Actually, music equipment and a VCR for converting old movies to DVD

Comment

Working...
                          X