Strict NAT - NTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strict NAT - NTL

For some reason no matter what I do I can't get my 360 to say anything other then strict NAT, does anyone on Murc have a 360 and an NTL connection with an open or moderate NAT.

I've opened up the relevent ports on my router (WRT55AG), enabled and disabled uPNP, set a static IP on my xbox as well as DMZ on the router.

I can get on live without issue, join other games ok but due to the strict NAT can't host.

Anyone know if this is an NTL issue?

I can't answer your question directly, but have you read this: http://www.iand.net/archives/2006/12...etwork-issues/

Looks like your router ought to be compatible with the 1.10 firmware, but you could try connecting directly to the CM (then reboot) and see if the problem remains.
    FT.

Comment

got a WRT54G running the DD-WRT firmware w/ UPnP enabled and NAT comes up as open. No DMZ, nothing. In theory, as long as UPnP is enabled and your devices can detect the router it should take care of the rest. Unless, of course, your ISP is doing funky routing.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

have the same problem, I checked the log and it seems that some IP packet headers are banned (I think it says illegal header or smth) independently of firewall and NAT settings....

Comment

Working...
        X